Entering a relationship with the guy you love is a great feeling. But it’s not all parties and roses because you’ll need to overcome obstacles and challenges.
One of these challenges is boredom. This post will cover fun things to do with your boyfriend when you’re both bored.
Key Points for this article:
You are bored, and we listed 160 things you can do with your boyfriend when you want to fight boredom.
- 20 Things to do at home With Your Boyfriend
- 20 Outdoor Activities To Do With Your Boyfriend When You Are Bored
- 20 Creative Things To Do With Your Boyfriend ( Or Alone)
- 20 Flirty and Romantic Things To Do With Your Boyfriend
- 20 Things To Do With Your Boyfriend If you are lazy
- 20 Funny and Silly Things To Do When You Are Bored
- 40 Cultural Thing To Do With Your Boyfriend
20 Things to do at home With Your Boyfriend
The concept of the at-home date is simple: adapt and get creative if you can’t go out on the town.
Come up with a fun, one-on-one activity you can do with your significant other. Ensure you can do it without leaving the house or living room. You don’t need much time or money to execute a stay-in date. But these dates can rekindle feelings of romance.
They can also help you reconnect with your boyfriend. A movie marathon or splitting a bottle of wine are easy go-to activities.
But you can also get creative. So below, we offer 20 easy-to-plan, enjoyable, inexpensive things for couples to do at home:
- Try a new recipe together and cook a meal from scratch.
- Do a movie marathon with your favorite films and snacks.
- Play board games or card games.
- Have a DIY project day and create something new for your home.
- Do a workout together with a home workout video.
- Have a spa day and give each other massages.
- Have a game night with video games or console games.
- Do a puzzle or work on a jigsaw together.
- Have a karaoke competition with your favorite songs.
- Create an at-home bar and mix up cocktails together.
- Do a dance party in your living room.
- Do a virtual escape room together.
- Take an online class together, like a cooking or dance class.
- Have a photo shoot and take fun pictures of each other.
- Do a home improvement project, like painting a room or organizing a closet.
- Have a virtual trivia night with friends or family.
- Do a wine or beer tasting with bottles or cans you’ve collected.
- Have a tasting party with different types of cheese, chocolate, or other snacks.
- Do a puzzle together and see who can finish it first.
- Have a talent show and showcase your hidden talents to each other.
20 Outdoor Activities To Do With Your Boyfriend When You Are Bored
If you still don’t know what to do with your boyfriend when bored, it might be time to head outdoors.
These playful afternoon outings and romantic date night ideas are ideal. They’ll help you to tap into your spontaneous side and enjoy quality time together. Most are easy-peasy to enjoy once the weather cooperates.
These suggestions cover everything. They range from eco-conscious to charitable, scenic to sweet, and heartfelt to heart-pounding.
So spice up your love life, and let the adventures with your boyfriend begin!
- Hiking or camping in a nearby park or nature reserve
- Biking or rollerblading on a scenic trail
- Visiting a local beach or lake for a day of swimming and sunbathing
- Going on a road trip to explore a new city or scenic area
- Rock climbing or bouldering at an indoor climbing gym
- Participating in a group fitness class, such as yoga or boot camp
- Playing a game of tennis, basketball, or beach volleyball
- Trying a new water sport, like kayaking or stand-up paddleboarding
- Going on a scenic drive to admire the fall foliage or spring flowers
- Taking a scenic boat tour on a lake or river
- Visiting a nearby theme park or amusement park
- Participating in a charity walk or run event
- Taking a scenic horseback ride
- Exploring a nearby botanical garden or arboretum
- Trying a new outdoor adventure sport, like ziplining or whitewater rafting
- Renting a tandem kayak or canoe and exploring a nearby body of water
- Participating in a beach cleanup or conservation project
- Going on a scenic hot air balloon ride
- Participating in a group hike or nature walk
- Taking a scenic drive or motorcycle ride to a nearby scenic lookout or mountain peak.
20 Creative Things To Do With Your Boyfriend ( Or Alone)
Show off your creativity and make something that brightens up your space. Clay, paints, knitting needles: bring them all to this party.
Try everything from amateur filmmaking to furniture making. You can free yourself to tackle any DIY project that strikes your fancy.
Update your décor to a different style, and paint your bedroom in a new color. Or reorganize your furniture. The only rule is that you do it together. These creative activities will pull your boyfriend out of his rut.
- Painting or drawing together
- Making candles or soap
- Crafting home decor items
- Taking a pottery or ceramics class
- Building furniture
- Baking or cooking a new recipe
- Writing a short story or poem
- Creating a photo album
- Doing a jigsaw puzzle
- Making homemade soap
- Designing and planting a garden
- Knitting or crocheting a blanket
- Playing with Legos or building blocks
- Doing a DIY project
- Decorating a room
- Taking a dance class
- Making a scrapbook
- Participating in an art competition
- Doing a craft fair or market together
- Creating a video or movie together.
20 Flirty and Romantic Things To Do With Your Boyfriend
We understand the anxiety of coming up with a memorable date. But skip the date cliches this time.
Look beyond the typical movie outings and dinner dates. Think outside the box to surprise your guy and make him smile. We have a complete list of exciting things to do with your boyfriend.
It’s worth taking the time to indulge your inner romantic – it might also make him yield to his flirty side.
Here are 20 you can use to have fun with your boyfriend. Go on, be the flirty vixen you’ve always wanted to be!
- Have a picnic in the park.
- Cook dinner together while sipping on wine.
- Play truth or dare
- Have a movie marathon with your favorite romantic comedies.
- Create a romantic playlist and have a dance party.
- Plan a scavenger hunt for each other.
- Have a couples spa day at home.
- Write love letters to each other.
- Play strip poker or a similar game.
- Have a photoshoot together.
- Have a wine and paint night.
- Plan a surprise date for each other.
- Have a couples’ cooking competition.
- Watch the sunset together.
- Have a game night with intimate twists.
- Plan a surprise weekend getaway.
- Take a bath together.
- Play a board game with adult twists.
- Have a make-out session in the rain.
- Have a stargazing date.
20 Things To Do With Your Boyfriend If you are lazy
On a regular weekend, when you’re lounging at home and feeling lazy, it can lead to boredom.
The days you work from home and those lazy Sunday afternoons might sometimes get dull. You might look around and say to yourself, “Ugh, what are we going to do today?”
We want to ensure you don’t spend the valuable days of your life sitting in front of the TV, doing nothing.
We have a few ideas – some easy things to do when you’re bored – but don’t want to exert yourself.
- Netflix binge watching
- Order takeout and have a cozy night in
- Read a book or magazine together.
- Take a nap in each other’s arms.
- Have a lazy picnic in the park
- Play video games together.
- Cook a simple meal together.
- Watch a movie in bed.
- Have a lazy day in pajamas.
- Do a puzzle or board game together.
- Try a new face mask or skincare routine together.
- Have a lazy spa day at home.
- Listen to music and relax.
- Take a bath together.
- Do a lazy workout together
- Do a lazy yoga session.
- Spend the day in bed, cuddled up.
- Have a lazy Sunday brunch.
- Do a lazy hike or nature walk
- Try a lazy day of minimal activities and enjoy each other’s company.
20 Funny and Silly Things To Do When You Are Bored
Spending quality time with your boyfriend is a great way to beat boredom. Treating every day like a date can help to strengthen your bond.
Yet, it’s essential to do some crazy things with your partner sometimes. Everyday life can get stressful and hectic.
So, doing some quirky stuff is necessary to help you unwind and reconnect at the end of the day.
Are you ready to step back from adulting? Would you like to know some silly things to do together as a couple?
We’ll give you a list of things couples do together when bored.
- Have a silly photoshoot.
- Play a game of truth or dare
- Watch a comedy movie or TV show.
- Create a stand-up comedy routine.
- Have a prank war
- Play a hilarious board game or card game.
- Do a karaoke night.
- Have a challenge where you both try to make each other laugh.
- Do a fun workout together.
- Have a contest to see who can make the funniest face.
- Dress up in ridiculous outfits and take silly photos.
- Have a tickle fight.
- Do an impression contest
- Have a mocktail-making competition.
- Do a lip-sync battle.
- Have a funny video call with friends or family
- Play a game of charades.
- Do a goofy dance-off.
- Have a food fight with whipped cream.
- Create your own funny memes or videos.
40 Cultural Thing To Do With Your Boyfriend
Try taking in the arts in a form the two of you don’t usually seek out. For example, if you went to the cinema often when you were a new couple, try attending a film festival or a play instead.
Ask your boyfriend if he’s down to try salsa dancing or see a Caribbean steel band perform.
Go to an art museum. Art has a stimulating effect on audiences, regardless of the medium. And that’s your goal when you animate a relationship: stimulating yourselves in mind and body.
- Visit a museum or art gallery.
- Attend a live theater performance.
- Watch a foreign film or classic movie.
- Try a new type of cuisine together.
- Explore a local historical site.
- Visit a botanical garden or park.
- Attend a concert or music festival.
- Take a dance class together.
- Go to a poetry reading or book club.
- Visit a science center or planetarium.
- Take a scenic drive to a nearby town.
- Go to a cultural festival or parade.
- Attend a sporting event or game.
- Visit a religious site or place of worship.
- Try a new outdoor activity, like hiking or kayaking.
- Attend a wine or food-tasting event.
- Visit an animal sanctuary or zoo.
- Go to an amusement park or water park.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Attend a lecture or workshop on a topic of interest.
- Visit an aquarium or marine park.
- Take a scenic bike ride.
- Go to a flea market or street fair.
- Attend a street performance or magic show.
- Explore a national park or nature reserve.
- Visit a tea house or coffee shop for a cultural experience.
- Take a guided tour of a city or historical site.
- Attend a performance of classical music or opera.
- Try a new hobby, like photography or painting.
- Visit a library or bookstore for a cultural experience.
- Take a scenic walk along a beach or river.
- Go to a farmers market or craft fair.
- Attend a cultural festival or celebration.
- Visit an ethnic neighborhood or community center.
- Take a scenic drive or train ride.
- Go to a sporting event or game of a different culture.
- Attend a spiritual retreat or workshop.
- Try a new type of dance or physical activity.
- Visit a planetarium or observatory.
- Take a scenic hot-air balloon ride.
In the end …
You want to spend every moment together and make some memories with the one you love. But you may need to check your relationship if you’re bored whenever you spend time with your partner.
Is it only boredom, or do you feel different about your boyfriend? We hope it’s a case where it’s only a lack of inspiration for things you can do together.
We also hope you found some great ideas to bring fun, flirty, and funny moments to your relationship.