Are you looking for deep things to say to your boyfriend? You might feel like expressing your love and appreciation to him, but you’re not as articulate as you’d like to be.
Worry not—we got you covered. This guide will give you a list of things you can say (or even text if you’re in a long-distance relationship) to him and convey how you really feel.
38 Deep Things to Say to Your Boyfriend
If you spot something below you can relate to 100%, then feel free to copy it word-for-word.
Otherwise, if you feel the need to tweak a word here or a sentence there, that’s good too. After all, the goal is to let him know how you feel about him.
1. You know the worst part of being single for me?
It was the loneliness, for sure. Those cold, empty nights when I couldn’t fall asleep, wondering if I would ever find someone. Someone up there must like me a lot, making you walk into my life the way you did.
2. We’ve been through a lot, haven’t we?
We’ve been bruised and beat up, but we’re still side-by-side. I’m so blessed that our paths crossed, and I can’t wait to see what challenges we’ll overcome next.
Reading Suggestion: 62 Romantic Questions To Ask Your Partner
3. I’ll be honest — I didn’t think too much of our relationship when we first started out.
I thought it would be fun for a while. Then we’d go our separate ways. I couldn’t have been more wrong. You’ve made me the happiest woman in the world and, quite honestly, the luckiest person alive.
4. I was never a spiritual person, but my entire life changed when I met you.
You made my life so beautiful and wonderful that there’s no two ways about it. You’re a miracle, and there’s a God up there who cares about me enough to send you.
5. Here’s a hot take. I love you for who you are, but I love you even more because of who I am with you.
I’m happier, more open and honest, and more generous whenever we’re together.
Only you have that effect on me and no one else in the world, and I hope you know that.
6. I used to wonder how some people could write novels.
Where do they get the inspiration? How do they fill hundreds of pages with just one story? Then you walked into my life, and I thought: “Ah, so that’s how.”
7. Is Heaven a place on Earth? It sure is when I’m with you.
When I’m in your arms, I let go of all my worries and hurts, and I just know deep inside that everything’s okay, and everything will be alright. You’re such an incredible man, and more—you’re an angel.
8. Sometimes I feel the world has gone totally mad.
People are so mean to each other. It’s every person for themselves. I’m just so glad some people — like you — are generous, loving, and hopeful despite it all. You rubbed off on me for sure, and I love you for that.
Reading Suggestion: 17 Questions Girls Are Afraid To Ask Guys
9. You know what I feel like when I’m with you?
I’m like a balloon. I’m all filled up with your love, and it feels like I’m floating. So just be sure to tie me to your wrist — I don’t wanna fly too far away, now!
10. Think about that moment in life when you can tell yourself, “Yup, I have everything I need.
There’s nothing more I want”? Guess what — I have those moments often when I’m with you. Especially when you tell me I’m beautiful.
11. I feel most loved whenever you hold me in your arms.
Your tight embrace makes me feel protected and cherished. I think you should know every woman wants that in life, but few ever find it. I’m lucky to have you.
12. It’s amazing how happy we are, even though things are far from perfect.
It’s actually a mess sometimes. But, you know, I think that’s what we have — a perfect mess — and I wouldn’t have it any other way.
13. My heart skips a beat every time I see you, even if we’ve been together for quite a while.
It’s weird — it’s like I keep falling in love with you over and over. I can’t stop thinking of you.
So I hope you don’t mind if I act like a giddy first-time girlfriend every time I’m with you.
14. You know the hardest question for me to answer?
What I like best about you. I love so many things about you that I can’t pick just one. So if you want to give me a difficult time for any reason, you know what to ask me!
15. For some people, the ocean is their happy place.
For others, it’s the mountains. What’s yours? For me, it’s simple — it’s wherever you are. So that’s my happy place and I hope I’m yours, too.
16. Whenever I think I can’t love you more than I do now, you surprise me.
You give me yet another reason to love you more. I feel blessed to be the apple of your eye, and I hope I make you happy, too.
17. Can I say something controversial? I don’t think masculinity is toxic.
I think it’s beautiful how you work so hard, struggling against society’s hypocrisy and your own weaknesses.
You put so much effort into what matters to you, and I love that. I hope you always remember I’ll be here for you no matter what.
Reading Suggestion: 275 Really Dirty Would You Rather (Questions Adults Only)
18. You know what I like most about me?
It’s the fact that I won your heart and no other woman has. So forgive me if I allow myself a bit of pride with that achievement — trust me, you’re a catch.
19. Your smile has power, you know that?
Just one smile from you instantly makes the day better for me. My problems are a little lighter, my future a bit brighter. That’s your power over me; I love every bit of it.
20. You’re my motivation. I see how hard you work and how dedicated you are to our future.
I get up every morning with the goal of matching your drive, and it carries me through even the toughest days. I can’t wait to spend forever with you.
21. When I woke up this morning, the first thing I saw was your face.
That was when I knew it would be a good day. Even now, I can’t get you out of my head. You’re an amazing boyfriend, and absolutely nothing will change my mind about that.
22. I can’t help but smile whenever I think of you.
And that’s crazy, because nothing makes me do that- not even puppies, pandas, or comedy shows. You cross my mind, I crack a smile. It’s nuts.
23. The future can be scary, you know? I sometimes worry if I’ll achieve all my goals in life.
Thankfully, I met you. And you taught me to just do my best and let things work themselves out.
Since then, I’ve always looked forward to the future — especially since I know you’ll be in it.
24. You know what? My life was a void before our paths crossed.
I got by just fine, but there was always something missing for me.
I’m glad I found you, because you were that missing piece. Since then, I’ve never felt alone, hopeless, or loveless… And it’s all thanks to you.
25. Whenever I need to remind myself to be thankful, I always think of you.
Then I remember how so many people go through their lives without ever finding true love, and here I am with you. It’s hard to be an ingrate knowing that.
Reading Suggestion: 271 Dirty Questions To Ask Your Crush
26. You know what I wish? I wish you could feel what you make me feel.
You never stop loving me and are always there for me when I need you. I just wish I make you feel even just a semblance of that.
You’re the best boyfriend any girl could ever hope for.
27. I’ve always had trouble being myself around other people.
I always felt the need to conform and people-please, not step on anyone’s toes.
But since I met you, I learned there’s so much more truth, joy, and beauty in being myself, warts and all.
I’m glad you taught me how to be myself.
28. In the past, I wanted to become a millionaire, tour the world, live in a mansion…
That sort of thing. Then I met you and realized that so much happiness could be found by loving and being loved back.
It’s the best feeling in the world, and you’re an incredible man. I love you!
29. Do you believe in soul mates? I never did — that is, until I met you.
It’s like our souls go so well together that it’s hard to believe we’re not soul mates. I think we’re destined to be together, and I hope you feel the same.
Reading Suggestion: 28 Get To Know You Card Games Perfect For Date Night
30. There are so many lonely people out there who can’t find love no matter how hard they try.
That’s why it’s my daily prayer that they all get blessed enough to find what I found in you — true, unconditional, relentless love.
Together, I hope we help others find more happiness in their lives, too.
31. It’s crazy how you’re the last thought on my mind when I go to bed and the first person I think of when I wake up.
I’m well and truly addicted to you, and it’s the sweetest thing ever. I hope you don’t mind me admitting it.
32. Looking back at our relationship over the years, I shudder when I think of one possibility.
Where would I be now if I never met you? I can’t bear to think about it. But, now that I have you, I’ll never let you go.
33. I love spending time with you.
It’s like the entire world is so much happier and safer when I’m with you. You’re my safe space and I love you for that.
34. I love you. No one’s ever going to replace you in my heart.
We’ve gone through our ups and downs, but I wouldn’t trade our relationship for anything in the entire world.
Reading Suggestion: 31 Bets To Make With Your Boyfriend (And Win)
35. I love the way you make my heart dance.
I’m in ecstasy with just one smile, one sweet word, and one touch. No one else makes me feel that way, and I hope I make your heart dance, too.
36. If you ever wonder why I keep telling you I love you,
It’s because I want to tell the whole world — and my whole world is you. So… I love you. You’re the best boyfriend ever.
37. It’s crazy how you make me feel.
You make me feel like a queen — beautiful, cherished, and respected. No one has ever made me feel this way, and it’s why I’ve fallen so madly in love with you.
38. Quick question. If you could be stranded on a desert island with one other person of your choosing, who would it be?
You’re my one and only choice — I’d love to see you tanned and shirtless every morning.
And there you have it—38 deep things to say to your boyfriend. Again, feel free to use them verbatim or edit them to make it more personal and relevant.
Frequently Asked Questions
Now, let’s wrap up by answering a few related FAQ’s:
What to say to BF to make him feel special?
Every man is different, but everyone likes to feel appreciated for something they themselves did.
So simply thanking him for something he did for you—or even better, using one of the 38 examples above—will go a long way.
What to say to your bf to make him cry?
It helps when you know his deepest insecurity (if he has one). For instance, he might have a criminal record and is deeply ashamed of it. Or he might have been bullied as a child and he has deep self-esteem issues.
Saying something that reassures him and reaffirms your love for him will be greatly appreciated—perhaps enough to make him cry.
How do I make my boyfriend blush with words?
The fastest way to make him blush is to get naughty and sexual. Men are simple—they like sex.
And if you know his unique little kinks and fetishes, you can craft something to say that will immediately make him turn red.